I’m a wedding photographer in Pittsburgh, which means I see a lot of beauty routines and makeup artists on a weekly basis. I see bridal beauty, fashion line beauty, and women who make me wonder if a professional lives in their spare bedroom.
I’ve even goe so far as to hire one of my makeup artist friends to teach me how to look like Kim Kardashian, but, honestly, I’m no professional. I do think that I’ve learned a lot over these past few years, and have started to rely on my go to makeup must-haves. What’s in my makeup bag? Here are some products that I have found are consistent and wonderful!
1: Smashbox Lip Glosses: I love them in “Illume” and “Fame”
2. Smashbox CC Cream: Still lightweight, but nice coverage for these summer months.
3. Sephora Perfectionist Makeup Sponge: Just lightly wet the sponge, and use to apply your foundation. Works like a charm, and it’s so smooth
4. Too Faceed Bronzer: I use this bronzer for a little bit of a “sunkissed” summery look. I actually don’t even use a regular blush most of the time.
5. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder: By far my favorite powder ever. So light, breezy, and covering. Love love love.
6. Yves Saint Laurent Cream Eyeliner: Used with a tiny brush, it’s actually rather easy to apply. I use it on my top line and water line, and blend into my shadow or wear alone.
7. Tweezerman Stainless Steel Mini Tweezers: Throw into your purse! Enough said.
8. Urban Decay Eyeshadow: The best eyeshadows out there. I love the “Smog” color against brown eyes. It’s the perfect effortlessly smoky look.
9. Benefit “They’re Real!” Mascara: I’ve been asked numerous times by friends if my eyelashes were extensions. Nope – just this mascara!